Applying for the Columbia / NYP IEMF Fellowship
Qualified candidates for the fellowship must have successfully completed an ACGME-accredited residency in Emergency Medicine. The fellow will serve as an attending at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center. In addition, the fellow will spend time overseas working on various international projects. Salary is very competitive: benefits, tuition fees for the MPH, the Humanitarian Emergencies of Large Populations (HELP) course, travel expenses, and stipends are provided by the fellowship. International and/or public health experience is highly recommended.
Interested candidates may only apply to the fellowship through the International Emergency Medicine Fellowships Consortium website by October 1st.
- A letter of interest (why you are interested in our fellowship in particular)
- A brief personal statement (include short- and long-term goals and possible fellowship research project)
- Three letters of reference (one from current chairperson or residency director) sent electronically directly from recommenders. At least one of your letters of recommendation should describe your clinical skills. At least one of your letters should describe your research, teaching, and/or service experience.
- A curriculum vitae (please include email and mobile phone number)
Please send ALL application materials via the International Emergency Medicine Fellowships Consortium website ONLY.
For more information, please contact:
Rachel T. Moresky, MD, MPH, FACEP
Associate Fellowship Director
Helen Ouyang, MD, MPH
Selected fellows must also apply separately to the Columbia Mailman School of Public Health by January 15.
For the 2014-16 fellowship, important dates are:
- CU IEMF Application Deadline: October 1st, 2013
- Interview Date: October 8, 2013
- Offer Date: November 1st, 2013
- Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health application deadline: January 15th, 2014